Saturday, March 22, 2014

Theo James Gay Superhero; Gay Virgin Fight; Gays in Ethiopia

Theo James Gay Superhero



Theo James is an actor in the UK who says he wants to see a gay superhero in a film. It's interesting because I had this discussion with someone not too long ago about female superheroes. And it's not as if it hasn't been done in gay books already...more below. (Actually, it's been done many times.)

Today there are great shows like Looking, poignant pieces of work that revolve around a central cast of characters that happen to be gay’ he said.

 ‘But I remember when Queer as Folk came out and thinking, Things are changing. Maybe there will be more shows like this.

 ‘And then suddenly there was a drought. Hopefully the day we have a gay action hero isn’t far away.’

Evidently, James isn't aware of my gay superhero story, Captain Velvet's Velvet Box. Or a few gay superhero books I've been part of. I hate to do a Sheldon, but I doubt he reads much.

You can read more about James here.

Gay Virgin Fight
 
When I saw this on social media the other day I didn't pay attention to it. But it's been popping up in other places so I figured I'd post something. In many ways it could read like a book...if the main characters were older.
 
A gay London teen who planned to lose his anal virginity ‘in the name of art’ is now being accused of stealing the idea.

Clayton Pettet, a 19-year-old art student, is vowing to perform in April the piece called ‘Art School Stole My Virginity’.

A different art student, 24-year-old John Bingham, has now accused Pettet of stealing his performance piece ‘Art School Stole My Sexuality’.

I don't know how the laws are in the UK, but here in the US you can't steal an idea. Works are protected, but not ideas. This link isn't the best one around, but I've heard this before in many other places that discuss ideas and concepts. With a simple search you'll see what I mean.

You can read more about these two snarky little gay virgins here.

Frankly, since there's no way to prove either of them actually are anal virgins it's really a moot point for me. Unless, of course, there's a lot of screaming during the exhibit. That's usually how the first time works.

Gays in Ethiopia

For gays in Ethiopia it might come to pass where gay sex becomes a non-pardonable crime on the same level as terrorism, human trafficking, and rape.

The act would change Ethiopia’s Pardon and Amnesty Law by grouping gay sex alongside other non-pardonable offenses such as corruption, human-trafficking, smuggling, rape and terrorism.

From what I gather the laws now as they stand are already harsh...someone could even get up to 25 years in prison for infecting someone else with AIDS related to same sex acts.

Pure ignorance. And I can't help wondering if there are any Christian US zealots behind this, or at least helping to push it along.

You can read more here.  










2 comments:

Shelagh said...

'Frankly, since there's no way to prove either of them actually are anal virgins it's really a moot point for me. Unless, of course, there's a lot of screaming during the exhibit. That's usually how the first time works.'

LMAO! That's so snarky, I can hear you saying it in an English accent :p

ryan field said...

It really was my first thought :)